Sunday, April 14, 2013

Once Upon Another Time

Last week was finals week.
Enough said.
Also, I had to pack up everything I own...
Moving is the worst.
I was stressed to say the least.
I was on Facebook doing what I do best, procrastinating (and stalking ;), and I came across a song a friend posted on her wall.
It was a song by Sara Bareilles that I was surprised I had never heard of!
I love Sara, and thought I was a good enough fan to have heard all of her music.
Apparently not, haha.
Anyway.
She is incredibly talented and passion seeps through her music.
So I pressed play... and I couldn't believe my ears.
Music has always touched my soul more than a lot of things can.
But there have only been a few instances where I felt that a song literally changed my life.
This was one of those moments.
I was stressed and crying because of finals, moving, and trying to just figure out what to do next with my life.
When I heard this song in that moment in my life where I felt everything was going wrong, everything seemed so right somehow, and I though of this quote instantly.
"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."
-Dan Auerbach
That quote can't be more true for me.
Music has always done that... Made me momentarily forget all of my problems.
From a very young age music has always been a comfort, a friend.
It is such a wonderful thing, and I wouldn't be who I am without it.
So listen to this song and let it inspire you!
You can hear so much passion, depth, and soul in this song.
I love it and just had to share!
Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
:)



C.

No comments:

Post a Comment