Sunday, April 14, 2013

Skulls, Bones & Geo Caching


Meet Jenny. She's absolutely darling! We're totally kindred spirits.
(Check out her awesome lifestyle blog! She's adorable!)
So once upon a time Jenny and I went on an adventure!
Well, really we just went out to take some photos of each other since we're both photographers and are never in front of the camera.
I needed a self portrait for my photo class, and I needed to take a portrait for my portfolio.
BUT.
It turned into a pretty great adventure.
We drove to this park by a cute little river off the side of the road, grabbed all of our stuff and went off to shoot some photos!
Jenny took some of me first, but then right as it was my turn to photograph her, it starts raining.
What a buzz kill.
So we grab all of our stuff and run back to her car.
Except Jenny left the keys somewhere in the woods, so she ran back to find them.
By the time she got back, it was basically done raining, so we decided to stay and take some more pictures!
And thank goodness we did.
Because this is when it started to turn into an adventure. 
:)
So we were wandering around this cool little park taking some polaroids, some on my other film and of course digital.
As we were roaming out to this little swamp land Jenny had found looking for her keys, we discovered animal bones!
Kinda creepy, but totally cool to see up close!


And naturally I took some fun polaroids of them!
After examining the bones for a while we journeyed off to the swamp land.
As we were passing these rocks and logs, I all of a sudden hear Jenny yell from behind:
"GEO-CACHE!!!!!!"
I kind of knew what that was... Okay let's be honest I didn't.
I had heard of it before but when whoever told me told me I wasn't paying attention.
So I still don't know what it is completely, but I DO know it's just stuff hidden in a box all over a bunch of different places for people to find?
Okay, that explanation was horrid.
Just go look it up if you don't know what it is.
It's pretty cool.
Anyway, so she found it hidden in between these rocks and logs!
Good eye, Jen.
Jenny was pretty stoked about it too.
So when you find the geo-cache, you are supposed to take an item from the box, and give one.
And also sign your name on a little notebook in there and what you gave.
So, we didn't really have anything we could give away...
But I'm pretty sure we ended up putting the coolest thing in there.
Naturally, a polaroid of Jenny holding the geo-cache box. ;)
Jenny is so good at geo-caching.
She's geo-caching when she's NOT geo-caching.
It really ended up being one of my favorite days of last semester!
It was fabulous.
Here are some other fun pictures from the day!
Idaho skies kill me... SO beautiful.
And of course some panoramas!


Thankfully Jenny was there to document my stupidity behind the scenes... 
Here are some of the lovely photos Jenny took of me! :)

 

I'm SO picky about photos of myself.
I hate having them done... So bless Jenny's little heart.
She was probably SO annoyed with me haha!
I love how they turned out!
Go check out this blog post to see more photos I took of Jenny!

C.

No comments:

Post a Comment