Friday, March 15, 2013

Awake My Soul

"The way to know life is to love many things." 
-Van Gogh

I love this quote by Van Gogh!
It is very inspiring and couldn't be more true.
Lately I haven't really been "living life". 
I let myself be held down by my trials and personal issues.
That ends right now.
I need to get out of this mindset that my life is boring.
The only reason it's boring is because I'm boring.
Today I remembered the passions I live for. 
But unfortunately haven't "lived for" in quite some time...
I have a burning passion for many things, but particularly:

1) Photography
2) Music
4) Reading

After my photography business started growing I stopped photographing for fun.
I sing everyday, but sometimes I don't realize how much I'm in love with it.
Quitting piano was one of the worst decisions I ever made.
I could have been great. Maybe I still could if I tried.
I used to read books like they were going out of style.
I carried one with me every where I went.
Now I never read. Ever. Nothing. (It's college's fault.)
From now on I will:
photograph for fun and artistry,
develop my talents for singing and playing the piano,
And I will always have a novel that I'm reading.
Life is too short to not do all of the things that I absolutely adore.
So. I guess the moral of all of this rambling is that I'm done being boring.
I have so many hopes and dreams!
Things I want to achieve and accomplish.
How could I have forgotten them all so easily?
I'm not quite sure, but my soul is finally awakening after what seems like an eternity of sleep.
It's time to change and grow, move forward, and achieve.
I'm a funartisticpassionatehumoroussoulful woman who has lost herself a little bit over the years.
But no more. I'm awake now.
So thanks Van Gogh. For making me reflect on my life at 4:13 in the morning.
I owe ya one.

C.

No comments:

Post a Comment